Remondis founds PPP venture with Minsk

The Remondis waste management group and the Belarusian capital of Minsk have entered an agreement on waste management. According to Remondis, a contract establishing a new joint venture, Remondis Minsk, was signed in Minsk on 6 July. Remondis is to hold a 51 per cent stake in the public private partnership company, while the City of Minsk holds the remaining 49 per cent. According to Remondis, the venture is the first such privatisation in the waste management sector in the Republic of Belarus. In the coming years, traditional waste management practices in Belarus are to be transformed into a recycling-based system meeting Western European standards. The modernisation will require significant investment in the expansion of infrastructure, upgrades in the vehicle fleet, and now sorting and composting facilities, the burden of which are to be shared with partners such as Remondis.


Partners: Social Network